Title: Programming Manager/Promoter
Status: Part-time: This is a 20-hours/week position that requires mostly weekday hours with some nights and weekends as needed.
Location: South Berkeley
Salary: $17 – $20/hr. DOE (with room for growth)
Schedule: Tuesday – Friday 11:30am – 5:30pm – with some flexibility, and flextime for attending/house managing nighttime programs.
Language Qualifications: Bilingual/bicultural Spanish/English Strongly preferred.
La Peña Mission: La Peña is a vibrant community cultural center with a national reputation and a global vision that promotes peace, social justice and cultural understanding through the arts, education and social action.
Job Summary The bookings manager supports the mission of La Pena and is responsible for advancing and managing the organization’s artist vision. Bookings manager develops and maintains artist relations and relationships with community groups and organizations that present events and otherwise utilize the center. This position requires excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
– Manage the monthly calendar including La Peña presents, rentals, lounge events, special events, and classes and workshops via Salesforce interface.
– Work with the Communications Manager to deliver necessary promo material for contracted events such as jpegs, flyers, and various details that must be imputed into Salesforce.
– Handle all negotiations and contracting for programs, all details must be input into Salesforce before sending contract via Docusign.
– Manage and set up box office including box office reports.
– Assist in general day-to-day operations including assisting and communicating with Operations manager, Communications Manager, E.D., artists, volunteers and interns.
– Assist in community engagement and supervising volunteers and interns. – Candidates should feel connected to world music community of the Bay Area, enjoy learning new technology, and want to work in a supportive community-based organization dedicated to bringing great shows to the East Bay.
– BA OR equivalent experience plus 1-2 years of relevant experience in an arts or similar organization, with hands-on experience in event production, programming, and/or nonprofit management.
– Interest in La Peña’s work and support of our mission, including a personal commitment to arts and social justice.
– Passion for the arts; knowledge and involvement in Bay Area art scenes.
– High energy, maturity, and strong communication skills with the ability to serve as a unifying force and friendly face and voice to the public/our community.
– Experience managing numerous projects concurrently.
– Tracking show data and preparing monthly program reports.
– Ability to work and interact well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
– Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with varying groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors and other supporters.
– Strong writing, proofreading, and copy-editing skills.
– Ability to be focused and detailed, meet deadlines, prioritize projects, and juggle multiple tasks, and work as a part of a team, while maintaining the big picture and sense of humor.
– Adaptability and willingness to contribute when needed.
– Ability to work late at night as needed.
– Literacy in social media platforms, networking, and marketing strategies.
– Basic computer skills, proficiency in word, excel, web navigation, Salesforce helpful but right person can be trained.
– The employee must complete a 6-month probationary period with one review at 3 months and another at 6 months.
*Email resume (explaining why you are a good fit), and cover letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org
**Subject line must read: “Application: Programming Manager”
Applications will be accepted until July 1st, and interviews will happen the subsequent week.